Our top ten 2018 Architecture and Design,
in chronological order:
- Salone del Mobile.Milano Award:
Perfect match of the product and its presentation. The history of craftsmanship that meets art creating a suggestive and engaging atmosphere. Carpets made to be touched and a stand to be lived.
A small ideal city inspired by the works of Andrea Palladio, with clear reminiscences of other great visionary Italians, such as Giorgio De Chirico and Aldo Rossi, the Magis stand is a true example of the urban environment. The iconic products, together with the new ones, live and communicate in an open space, where it is not clear if you are guests or protagonists of this magical story.
In the frenzy and the excitement of Salone del Mobile, the Sanwa stand is an oasis, a breath of fresh air. Clean, minimalist, essential space tells endless stories about the attention to detail and the equal importance of volumes and voids.
Special Jury Award
Maurizio Riva, Riva 1920
“I want to fight every day for a better world, because there is not yet another planet to live on”. A man whose heart is “half-made of wood”, a man who is able to appreciate and demonstrate the infinite qualities of the material, while remaining in its shadow.
- Inauguration of the Prada Foundation Tower by Rem Koolhaas, extraordinary!
- Pritzker Prize 2018, Balkrishna Doshi, excellence;
- The Orb by BIG’s Bjarke Ingels and Jakob Lange at the Burning Man, visionary;
- Milan Design Film Festival, an exhibition that explores the languages of architecture, to be rewarded; as the Italian premiere of RAMS (USA 2018, 74 ‘), a film dedicated to Dieter Rams, signed by the American director Gary Hustwit;
- 100 years of Achille Castiglioni. Best wishes!
- Gold Medal in Architecture 2018:Kindergarten Niederolang (Olang, Bolzano, 2016) by feld32 which fuses architecture, urban planning and applied art, reaching the highest step of the podium;
Special Award to the Commitence to Edoardo Tresoldi’s Basilica of Siponto, for the added value of the temerity;
- European Parliament directive of 24 October 2018 for a total ban on single-use plastic articles from 2021. Doverty.
- ADD Awards 2018:
Garden on the cold river, by Alexander and Irina Sergeyev (“The Sergeyev Landscape Workshop”), a landscape project that is perfectly interwoven with nature;
- The first World Forum on Urban Forests in Mantua. The first step for a global action for Urban Forestation. We offer you a video of this wonderful experience, see you in 2019!